Virat Kohli, this guy is a genius. You know why I'm saying this. Not just because he was declared as the best player by ICC, not just because he is about to break every record in cricket, not because he is the captain of one of the strong team presently. But because this guy is so much head working.
Indian captain Virat Kohli capped a memorable 2018 season by becoming the first to win the International Cricket Council's (ICC) cricketer, Test and ODI player of the year awards, the ICC said on Tuesday.
Kohli, the top scorer in both Tests and one-dayers in 2018, was also named the captain of the ICC Test and ODI teams of the year.
The 30-year-old top-order batsman scored 1,322 runs in 13 Tests at an average of 55.08, and scored 1,202 runs in 14 ODIs at an average of 133.55, notching up 11 centuries across the formats.
"To be rewarded in this manner… is a very proud moment for me and something that gives you more motivation to keep repeating the same things because you have to keep the standard of cricket up and keep bringing inconsistent performances."
I remember one of the incidents happened last year (2018) , India's tour of Australia. India needed 250+ runs(if I'm not wrong). KL Rahul and C Pujara got out very early and India was in trouble. Virat Kohli came into the crease. He played superbly. Then a break came(maybe tea or lunch). Rather than relaxing or doing anything, he directly went into the nets for practice. He wanted to fight. We wanted to win. No matter what happens. I see something in him which we see in movies. He is a rock star.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 10, 15, 20, 25 centuries in ODIs.
- Fastest to reach 30 centuries in ODIs.
- Fastest to reach 1,000 runs in T20Is
- Fastest to reach 15,000 international runs.
- Scored the fastest century by an Indian batsman (52 balls).
- Five Man of the Match and one Man of the Series awards in Tests.
- 25 Man of the Match and three Man of the Series awards in ODIs.
- 10 Man of the Match and five Man of the Series awards in T20Is.
- Scored the most runs in an IPL season (973).
- Most centuries in a single IPL season.
- Second fastest in the world to reach 1,000 runs in T20 cricket.
- Fastest in the world to reach 15,000 international runs.
- A joint fastest batsman with Hashim Amla to reach 50 centuries across all. forms of international cricket (348 innings).
- Only batsman in history to average more than 50 in Tests, ODIs and. T20Is simultaneously; also possesses the highest combined average. across all formats among Test players who have played in at least two formats.
- The fastest batsman, in terms of innings, to score 17,000 runs in international cricket (363).
- Crossed 900 rating points in the ICC rankings in both Tests and ODIs – one amongst five batsmen to have done so and only the second batsman after AB de Villiers to do it simultaneously.
- Fastest in the world to score 2,000 runs in terms of innings in T20Is (56).
Virat Kohli Nationa Awards:
- Virat Kohli receives the Arjuna awards from president Pranab Mukherjee I in 2013 by this he becomes 46 award winner in the list of Arjuna award.
- Padma Shri, The fourth-highest civilian award in India, was presented to Virat Kohli by President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan in 2017.
- Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli was conferred with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award by President Ram Nath Kovind.
Kohli became the third Indian cricketer, after Sachin Tendulkar (1997) and Mahendra Singh Dhoni (2007), to receive the prestigious award.
Definitely, each likes and appreciates the Virat Kohli life, yes I got motivated and inspired by Kohli life journey. If would you like to follow him on Xpert Magazine please click here to for more latest updates and ask your’s question on xpert by the login.
Xpert is designed to help turn our idols into our teachers. It is the largest Q&A platform having a knowledge database of all that our idols have spoken about. Xpert perhaps is the best way to let yourself learn from the expert himself.