Born: 15 March 1959
After completing his MBA, Kotak started Kotak Capital Management Finance Ltd which later became Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd
Honors and awards
- In June 2014, he was named Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur of the Year.
- In May 2016, he was the sole Indian Financier to feature in Money Masters: The Most Powerful People in The Financial World, by Forbes magazine.
- India Today magazine ranked him #8th in India’s 50 most powerful people of 2017 list
- Kotak is a member of the Government of India’s High-Level Committee on Financing Infrastructure, the Primary Market Advisory Committee of the Securities & Exchange Board of India, Member of the Board of Governors of the National Institute of Securities Markets and ICRIER.
- Governing Member of the Mahindra United World College of India, and Member of National Council of CII.
- Kotak is also a member of the strategic board which advises the national law firm.