- Does Kapil Sharma Smoke? No.
- Kapil came from a lower-middle-class family with no entertainment background and had to struggle a lot to get himself roles that are worthy.
- During his graduation at Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar, he used to direct plays for his pocket money. He was also a scholarship holder and a national-level winner in theatre.
- He was paid minimum wages in the initial stages of his career and he even acted as a comedian without being paid at all. He has also worked in a PCO, a cloth mill and even picked crates of soft-drinks to earn money.
- His father died in 2004 due to cancer. He didn’t have the money to join any acting course but due to his sheer talent, many institutions sponsored his acting course free.
- According to Kapil, his sense of humor comes from his mother who has been his biggest source of inspiration.
- His initial passion was singing and singing is the thing which made him come to the tinsel town.
- He was initially rejected in the audition round of ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge 3’ but received a call to return, and eventually, he won the competition.
- With the prize money of 10 lakh INR that he won, he did his sister’s wedding, which was the most lavish wedding in his family.
- He is also listed in the Forbes magazine in terms of power and money.
- He is a left-hander.
- He once made a news public that his ex-girlfriend who used to work with him in a theatre was married to a Gujarati store owner in London.
To see my earlier blog on him, Click Here.
To know more about such celebrities download the Xpert app.