Be professional with your written work. All you have to do is sign up for free Masterclasses from these top 5 professionals!
1 Ruskin Bond
Ruskin Bond is an Indian author of British descent. Known for his books, 'The room on the Roof', 'The Blue Umbrella', 'A flight of Pigeons', etc, He is recognized for his role in the growth of children's Literature in India.
You can write like him, too!
All you need to do is click here, and register, for a free masterclass from this professional.
- Indian Author of British decent, Well spoken!
- Most of his works are influenced by life in the hill stations at the foothills of the Himalayas, where he spent his childhood. That's old school, and it rocks!
- The 1978 Bollywood film Junoon is based on Bond's historical novel A Flight of Pigeons
- Ruskin Bond made his maiden big screen appearance with a cameo in Vishal Bhardwaj's film 7 Khoon Maaf in 2011, based on his short story Susanna's Seven Husbands.
- His first book, The Room on the Roof, which he wrote at the age of 17, was a semi-autobiographical story with Rusty being the protagonist. Rusty, a character created by Ruskin!
- Ruskin Bond was deeply attached to Dehra and most of his stories are inspired by the hills and valleys of this region.
- Rusty's character offers a teenager's perspective who is battling with his confusions about life, relationship, happiness, and love.
2 Arnab Goswami
Mr. Goswami is a well know Indian Journalist, who has renowned work showcased on popular news channel, 'Times Now'
Click here for a free masterclass, from Arnab!
- Famous Indian Journalist.
- Well known for his work on 'Times Now'
- He is the managing director of the news channel Republic TV which he co-founded.
- Well known for his debates on 'Times Now'.
- As an army officer's son, he attended schools in various cities. Arnab has a Bachelor's (Hons.) in Sociology from the Hindu College in Delhi University.
- Goswami has been nominated for and received several awards:2003 – Asian Television Award for Best Presenter or Anchor (Runner-up)
- Another award:2010 – Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism (TV) by the Indian Express Group.
3 Farhan Akhtar
Use Farhan’s method to evaluate your story idea and see if it can be effectively acted out on stage or on screen.
Writing For Movie Scripts
Become Farhan Akhtar's student!
- He grew up under the influence of the Hindi film industry.
- He began his career in Bollywood by working as an assistant director in Lamhe (1991) and Himalay Putra (1997)
- His official debut was with Rock On!! (2008), for which he won a second National Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi as producer
- He directed a sequel to Don titled Don 2 (2011), which remains his highest-grossing film till date.
- Akhtar made his writing and directorial debut with the critically acclaimed film Dil Chahta Hai (2001).
- Akhtar made his acting and singing debut in a musical film titled Rock On!!
- Akhtar played the lead role of an Anti-Terrorist Squad officer in Bejoy Nambiar's Wazir.
4 Javed Akhtar
The Beauty of Poetry
Javed welcomes you to this course on poetry, introduces you to poetry as an art form and tells you about his journey as a poet, lyricist and screenwriter.
Refine your poetry skills, with the help from this Poet. Sign up, Now!
5 Arundhati Roy
Write like her, Now!
Indian author best known for her novel The God of Small Things
She won the Man Booker Prize for Fiction in 1997.
Has a biggest-selling book by a non-expatriate Indian author.
She also supports environmental causes.
She wrote the screenplays for In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones (1989).
The God of Small Things reached fourth position on The New York Times Bestsellers list for Independent Fiction