Infosys Co-founder NR Narayana Murthy is a pioneering leader who is often credited with creating a world-renowned brand for India’s IT sector. Under his leadership, the company rose to become the second-largest IT and services firm in India. His various roles at Infosys, from Chairman to CEO, and President to Chief Mentor, earned him the title of the ‘Father of the Indian IT Sector’, and a place in Fortune’s list of greatest entrepreneurs. Murthy is the recipient of many prestigious awards like the Padma Vibushan and the Padma Shri. Blessed with a brilliant mind and great business acumen, he has successfully led key corporate governance initiatives in India, and his business lessons have often been sought after by leaders and managers across the world.
These are the some quotes said by Narayana murthy
“Entrepreneurship is all about deferred gratification.” “Entrepreneurship is all about an idea that creates differentiated business value to one’s customers. You must be able to convince your customers about the benefits that an association with you or your products will give them. People are ready to pay if they are convinced about your services or products.”
“Startups are about entrepreneurs coming up with an idea whose proposition is very different from any existing idea in the market. Startups are about a set of people whose collective experience can test an idea’s market fit and scale it up.”
“You become a star not because of your title; you become a star because you are adding star value to the company.”
“Learning from experience, however, can be complicated. It can be much more difficult to learn from success than from failure. If we fail, we think carefully about the precise cause. Success can indiscriminately reinforce all our prior actions.”
- Success Lessons to be Cherished Given by Narayana Murthy in his Biography
- Always believe in yourself no matter how the situation is. Always have an alternate plan B if in case you’re original plan fails. If you will have faith in yourself and your dreams you can definitely achieve them.
- Have a good mental state and positive approach towards life
- A leader should have the capability to inculcate a great value system in his organization.
- Be trustworthy of your stakeholders, employees, and society. The stakeholders or shareholders will appreciate and will invest in those companies who share every detail with them. Never hide the true picture from the stakeholders because they are the ones who are running the name of the company
- Be prepared to encash any opportunity to the fullest that comes your way. In his words “luck comes to all, but only those who are prepared for it can seize it”
To know more about him :Xpert link