INTRODUCTION (Warren Buffett):
- Warren Edward Buffett
- Born on August 30, 1930 (Age 89); Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.
- Education: Master of Science in Economics.
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Columbia Business School
- Occupation: Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and owns more than 60 companies.
- Net Worth: US$ 7,080 crores on (April 2020).
Buffett is Called:
- “Wizard of Omaha”
- “Oracle of Omaha”
- “Sage of Omaha” :- Means Knowledgeable or Wise.
Journey as a young Entrepreneur:-
Age 6 – Peddled Coke.
Age 9 – Carrying golf clubs for $3 per day.
Age 11 – Bought his first stock.
Age 11-13 – Sold used golf balls.
Age 13 – Carrier for Washington Post and 4 other newspapers.
Age 14 – Bought 40 acres of farmland and leased it out.
Age 16 – Rented out used pinball machines making up to $50 a week.
Lessons Learned from The Intelligent Investor :-
Father of Value investing – Prof. Benjamin Graham
Company – GRAHAM-NEWMAN Corporation
Books:- 1. Security Analysis
2. The Intelligent Investor
Aggressive v/s Defensive:-
1. MR. Market
2. Defensive Investors
3. Enterprising Investors
4. Margin of Safety
Buffett is an:
- American Business magnate and investor.
- Philanthropist (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation).
- Widely considered the most successful investor of 20th century.
- Noted for his adherence to the value investing philosophy and for his frugality despite his immense wealth.
Consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest people:-
2008– Ranked First.
2012– Time magazine named him one of the most influential people in the world.
Some interesting aspects of his life and lessons learned:-
- Time is Money; Don’t waste it.
- Patience is a Virtue.
- Don’t Buy more than what you really need.
- Be Economical.
- Assign right Managers for the job.
- Set Goals and communicate them.
- Don’t try to show off.
- Avoid making presumptions.
- Advice to young people.
How to become a Successful investor:-
- They take risks.
- They have a well planned investment strategy.
- They always invest with a planned exit strategy.
- They are patient.
- They do not regret their mistakes rather they learn from them.
- They do not put all their eggs in one basket.
- They never test the depth of river with both the feet.
XPERT Application link:-
Be it Ratan Tata for business or Sachin Tendulkar for cricket, Xpert helps you follow, ask & learn from the best in every profession. Try it: https://xpertapp.page.link/e94D and use my invite code r4za9 to signup!
Warren Edward Buffett:-
Check out what I found about Warren Buffett: https://www.xpert.chat/cr/warren-buffett?ref=r4za9