Good Works & Achievements of
Top 5 Good Works of Deepika Padukone:
1. XXX – Return of Xander Cage (2017):
Deepika Padukone rose to international fame with XXX – Return of Xander Cage (third installment). Deepika was cast opposite Hollywood actor Vin Diesel in this film. Donnie Yen, Ruby Rose, Tony Jaa, Nina Dobrev, Toni Collette, Samuel Jackson, etc. also starred in the movie. Impressed by the acting talent of her, Director D.J Caruso has confirmed that Deepika will also be there in the fourth installment of XXX movie.
2. Tamasha (2015):
Deepika was cast opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Imtiaz Ali’s Tamasha movie. She played the character of Tara Maheshwari whereas Ranbir played the character of Ved Sahni (Tara’s boyfriend). Deepika proved that she is a brilliant actress with this masterpiece movie. She delivered the right set of emotions & performance through the character of Tara in this film. This film is a must-watch because the way she has acted in this movie is amazing!!
3. Chennai Express (2013):
2013 was a great year for Deepika as four of her films (Chennai Express, Ram Leela, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani and Race 2) released in that year & all of them were hit at the box office. In Rohit Shetty’s Chennai Express, she worked along with Shah Rukh Khan. She played the role of a South Indian lady “Meenamma” and Shah Rukh played the character of a North Indian guy named Rahul. Deepika was seen in a comical role in this movie & she excelled in making us laugh & entertain through her comedy acting.
4. Ram Leela (2013):
In Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s romantic – musical drama Ram Leela, she was cast opposite her now-husband Ranveer Singh. Deepika played the character of Leela whereas Ranveer played Ram. It was a huge box office hit. Deepika’s chemistry with Ranveer Singh & her acting was applauded by the audiences and critics.
5. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013):
Karan Johar’s Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani starred Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor. Deepika performed the role of Naina, a simple nerdy student whereas Ranbir played Bunny (Kabir Thapa), a flirt and a mischievous guy. Deepika charmed the audiences with her amazing performance in the film.
1. In April 2018, Deepika Padukone got featured in the Time 100 Influential People in the World, sharing space with names like Nicole Kidman, Gal Gadot, Greta Gerwig and Lena Waithe.
2. She got her first international film offer in 2016: XXX – Return of Xander Cage, opposite famous Hollywood star Vin Diesel, which got released in 2017. She rose to international fame with this film.
3. In the year 2008, Deepika Padukone received Filmfare as well as IIFA award for Best Film Debutante for her movie Om Shanti Om. In the year 2014, Deepika was bestowed with Best Actress by Filmfare for her role in Ram Leela. She won Best Actress Award for the movie Chennai Express as well. Again after two years, she received awards for her role in Piku.
4. She launched her own clothing titled “All About You” on Myntra website in the year 2015.
5. She also launched “The Live Love Laugh Foundation” in October 2015. It’s an NGO that deals with mental health issues.
The way she has gracefully managed to maintain her smile even after the break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, shows that how strong she as a person is. Others as well, need to follow Deepika Padukone to take inspiration from her on how to deal with difficult times & how to be strong.