It’s no surprise that Karan Johar is easily one of the most popular Bollywood directors and television personalities today, and most millennials will pick him as their favourite. His quick wit and sense of humour has made him one of the most recognisable icons in the Indian film industry today. Known for delivering blockbusters like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna and My Name Is Khan, Karan has carved a niche for himself.
Having made his entry into Bollywood being an assistant director to Aditya Chopra for the film Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge in 1995, he has since produced or directed several award-winning films.
Here are some fun facts about the Xpert that you probably did not know:
- He was one of only two Indians to be invited to the opening ceremony for the London Olympics in 2012; the other being the then prime minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
- He made his full-fledged acting debut in the film Bombay Velvet.
- Even before he starred in Bombay Velvet, he made his acting debut for a TV show called Indradhanush.
- He can speak French fluently, and even has a master’s degree in French!
- His net worth is estimated to be around $120 million.
- He loves to dance and has been a judge of the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
- Karan has also worked as a costume designer for some of Shah Rukh Khan’s films.
Xpert aims to make learning from the best free. If you want to get a closer look at this Xpert’s directing style or are keen on becoming a director or filmmaker yourself, sign the petition here. Sign up on Xpert now and join several others who want to learn directing from Karan Johar. By clicking this link you can help us make this masterclass happen!