In today’s day and age looking your best is paramount. How often have you flipped the pages of a magazine or watched actors on the screen wishing you could look the same? Have the same glistening skin, arched eyebrows and flowing hair? Wondering who is the artist that makes this all possible? Let us introduce you to Bollywood’s most illustrious make-up artist, Namrata Soni, our Xpert on makeup, who is courted by the likes of Sonam Kapoor and Kajol and her work has graced the covers of Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue etc. Here are top makeup tips by the make up queen herself-
1. Stay natural. Avoid contouring and enhance your beautiful natural features by using a cream bronzer or bronzing powder instead.
2. Makeup can only do so much. Take care of your skin but do not go overboard.
“Unless you have a medical condition, there’s no need to constantly pick and probe your skin. It naturally throws out impurities, blackheads and whiteheads, so go easy on face scrubs and clean-ups.”
3. Quit butchering your eyebrows and put the tweezers down. Modern brows are modern, natural and soft.
4. There are three things according to Namrata Soni you should hold tighter than your husband: sunscreen, eye cream and face wipes!
5. Determine your skin undertones. If you adjust your makeup according to your tones, you have the power to light up a room and quite possibly change your life.
Did we alter your philosophy towards makeup a little but still hungry for knowledge? Sharpen your makeup skills as Namrata Soni reveals more of her secrets on Xpert. You can help us make this class real by signing this petition here. Xpert is an online platform which aims to make learning from the best free. Because in 2018 lack of access should not be a hurdle to success.